Happy New Years everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful New Year’s Eve and Day. We had a great time celebrating with family and friends at one of my childhood favorite restaurants, the Magic Time Machine. Brunch the next morning with close friends sharing our intentions for the new year was a great way to start the day, followed by going through these fun pictures from the night before!
With so many events, trips, projects and business to look forward to already, taking a moment to look back at the all the amazing moments of 2013 reminds of how much we have to be thankful and grateful for.
We hope you had a great New Year’s Eve! Stick around for the end of the blog to read my intentions for this year and to share your own!
Oh, and Rockett and I made this backdrop! I am notorious for diy projects going over the intended time I thought it would take, and costing more than planned after a few trial and error techniques. 🙂 However, after 8 trips to Michaels all over the Dallas metroplex and 3 weeks later, I was super pleased with the end result. They are sturdy, glitter didn’t get anywhere in the process of moving them, and they came back just the same. Here are all the ingredients to make your own glitter backdrop!
- 2 4×8 polyfoam boards (Home Depot)
- 64 1 ft glitter squares (Michaels)
- 3 bottles of 3m heavy duty spray adhesive
- latex gloves
- 8 32 oz Epoxy Resin
- 2 tarps
So resolutions… intentions.. call them what you may, but I love writing out areas in my life I wish to improve upon.
Writing out statements of intention solidifies a source of energy that we can use to reflect on when we need a push of motivation, sense of purpose, or discipline when we need it.
This year I am intentionally going to:
- Be more focused and aware of the way I use my time. (ie facebook, instagram, things I use to distract myself from my goals)
- Be more intentional with setting dates and times with people.
- Be more intentional with my morning meditation and stretching routine.
- To let go of insecurity and embrace love.
- To continue to focus on balance, strength and growth, on my mat, in my mind and with my experience.
- To have fun, make others smile, to be in the moment and to expect miracles.
- To be committed to well documenting our life and events with pictures, video and our blog.
- To be committed to quick turn around times for my clients.
- To study and practice presence and miracles.
Do you write out your resolutions or intentions? Do you have anyone to keep you accountable throughout the year?
I believe Wayne Dyer had it right when he said, “our intention creates our reality”.
We wish you a year of full personal growth, fun and love!
The Rockett Lab